it is here!
'donna hay kid's magazine'. have you seen it? it is fantastic!
i grabbed my copy yesterday & haven't put it down since- which has been quite problematic on a lot of levels! :) i adapted one of the recipes for last night's dinner.
basically i just excluded or substitued ingredients with food i had at home and/or food i hoped would be eaten. (the green onions suggested by DH were the first evictees!)
my recipe is based on 'chicken & snow pea fried rice' p 26.
to increase the likelihood of the dish being eaten i also changed its name
chicken, peas & rice
2 eggs, lightly beaten
garlic ( i used 2 teaspoons of minced garlic)
2.5 cups of cooked white rice
handful of green beans
1-ish cup of frozen peas
half a red capsicum
half a cooked chook (no skin, bones or stuffing) shredded
splash or two of soy sauce
chicken for another day, shredded chicken & chook bits for the pooch!
1. fire up the frying pan, add some oil & the garlic. heat the garlic & then throw in the egg. once the egg is fried removed it from the heat & set aside on a plate. chop fried egg into little strips.
2. steam all the vegies until they are crunchy
i cheated and pinged my vegies in the microwave!
3. splash some more oil into the pan & then add the cooked rice. stir for a minute or so before adding vegies
as per usual- got distracted while cooking & the pot of rice overflowed!
4. mix in the chicken & stir until all the food is combined. pour in soy sauce & stir some more
5. plonk the finished product into some bowls & top with the fried egg
success! everything was gobbled up! well, everything except the capsicum...