Monday, June 28, 2010

gluten free substitutes

This post will be an ongoing project - as I think of more ideas I'll keep adding them and then do a little post announcing updates :)


I'm no nutritionist or food expert, but here are some of the items I substitute to make a receipe gluten free:

1. Replace couscous with millet
2. Plain wheat flour for my GF plain flour mix (see bread receipe "my own gf flour mix")


And sometimes gluten free cooking just gets a little to fussy and hard. Here are some gluten free items I swap for alternatives to save myself a trip to the supermarket:

1. Replace potato starch with corn starch
2. Replace 1 cup GF self raising flour for 1 cup GF plain flour + 1 tsp baking powder

Lots of articles out there talk about the need to be really specific when substituting one product for another - pfffff I don't have the time for that! I'd rather whip up my cooking experiment and chow down. Really, who cares what it looks like as long as it tastes good!

Pam x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails