Saturday, May 1, 2010

Yummy gluten-free bread


Look at this gorgeous yummy loaf of home made gluten-free bread! mmmmm

I'm one of the growing number of people discovering they are intolerant to gluten. Here in HK you can buy GF bread...but it costs around AUD10! So my new baby is a bread maker :)

Here's the recipe I used to make my loaf of delicious white bread:
410ml water
3 eggs
45 ml canola oil (or other vegetable)
5 ml apple cider vinegar
2 tsp xanthum gum
1 tsp salt
25 g caster sugar
1.5 tsp yeast
500 g gluten-free flour*

*my own gf flour mix = 200 g rice flour, 100 g tapioca flour, 100 g chickpea flour &
100 g soy flour

My trusty Kenwood breadmaker has a GF function on it so I'm not sure what temp & time a normal oven requires. In the bread maker it takes about an hour to bake a lovely, dense & tasty loaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails